How to Unlock Honor 3C’s Bootloader
Huawei Honor 3C (H30-U10) international versions comes with a locked bootloader, it is always recommended that anyone who wants to try out the Chinese KitKat firmware on their device should get their phone’s bootloader unlocked first to avoid soft-bricking. In this article I’ve put together a concise step-by-step tutorial on how to safely unlock the bootloader using the good ol’ SP Flash Tool
International H30-U10 variant of Honor 3C
Full dump/backup of current system created using MTKdroid Tools
Stock Android 4.2.x Jelly Bean firmware
A USB cable and latest MTK drivers installed on PC (Download MTK and Download SP Tools )
- Install the required MTK USB drivers you downloaded earlier.
- Download SP Flash Tool.zip on your PC and extract its contents.
- Next, download “Honor3CBootUnlock.zip” on the computer and unzip it too.
- Execute “FlashTool.exe” on the PC.
- Click “Scatter-loading” and select “MT6582_Android_scatter” file placed inside “Honor3CBootUnlock” folder.
- After that, click Window menu and check “Write Memory”. A new tab named Write Memory should appear.
- In Write Memory tab, click Open Raw Data and select “preloader_huawei82_wet_jb5.bin”.
- Set Memory Setting to “EMMC”, Beginning Address to “0x800” and Container Length to “0x1B0EC”. Finally click Write Memory button.
- Go to Download tab and press the “Download” button. Make sure you’ve disconnected the USB cable. Check “DA DL All With Check Sum” option
- A Download Warning message should pop up, click “Yes”.
- Reconnect your phone in Meta mode by connecting it to the PC via USB cable and powering it on without its battery inserted. Wait for a few minutes until it gets completed.
MTKdroid Drivers Tools File size: 9.5MB
Download SP Flash Tool.zip File size:7 MB
Honor3CBootUnlock.zip File size: 64KB